Doing exercises to stay fit is good practice. Experts say that during pregnancy termination, it is not a big no to stress your body physically. But 2 weeks after an abortion, you can start with a light to moderate workout routine. You can gradually switch to your regular gym activity after the abortion bleeding and other symptoms stop entirely. Thus, it is important to only start with a postpartum exercise routine after you recover from the procedure.
In this post, we will talk about whether you should exercise after you end pregnancy and if so, what is the right time for it? How soon should you begin with the workout regimen after an abortion, which exercises are best suited for your health?
What is Your Body Like After a Medical Abortion?
The Mifepristone and Misoprostol dose cause several outcomes, which are expected during the end of a pregnancy. Some of the effects include heavy vaginal bleeding until the uterus empties because of the uterine contractions. Cramps and abdominal pain from the contractions. This is the reason why you must avoid exerting your body in any way. Otherwise, the bleeding and the pain may increase. It can take 24 to 72 hours for the pregnancy termination to happen.
Even after that, the bleeding reduces but stays for 4 to 8 weeks before the menses resume. In the initial 2 to 3 weeks, you must not insert anything in the vagina to avert infections. This means you must also stay away from vaginal intercourse. So, you must also stall the plan for pregnancy after abortion procedure and give a few weeks for the body to heal.
When Can You Start Physical Workout After the Abortion?
If you have the question in mind do abortion pills work to cause infertility or damage to health, then the answer is no. The medicines do not have adverse health effects and pose no dangers to future pregnancies or well-being. Every person has different health. Thus, the right time to work out after pregnancy termination will depend on your recovery and health post-procedure.
It is advisable to halt exercising until you go for a follow-up 14 days later to the at-home abortion pill course. Monitor your health and the aftereffects of medical abortion. The recovery happens quickly if you follow a nutritious diet and give ample rest to your body. So, there is no reason that you cannot start with a physical workout unless you have been advised against it.
Which Exercises You Can Do Soon After Abortion?
Let the abortion pills side effects fade away before engaging in moderate to hardcore exercise once or twice every week. So, you should be gentle with yourself and start slowly and pick up the pace with any kind of exercise that you may select. Here are some low-impact exercises that you can do after ending your pregnancy:
- Brisk Walking: In the beginning, you may rather do brisk walking for 15 to 20 minutes and then upscale it as per your health demands. But do not go swimming or cycling if you are still bleeding and encountering infrequent cramps.
2. Cardio Exercises: You may prefer aerobics once in a while if your physician permits you for it. A stroll now and then will help flex your body and take away tiredness. Find someone to accompany you during walks to feel more liberated and content.
3. Strengthening Your Muscles: You can switch to muscle-strengthening exercises and stretching initially. At the maximum, you may try lifting light weights after 2 to 3 weeks but not beforehand.
4. Relaxation Techniques: You can participate in yoga and meditation. Mindful meditation will yield great results. Follow a particular sleeping pattern to give rest to your mind and body. Practice breathing exercises regularly.
5. Aroma and Music Therapy: Who said that exercising is all about physical fitness? Your mind needs some boost as well. So, do try music therapy. Listen to soothing songs or music that brings happiness back to life and makes you feel energetic. Aroma therapy will further assist in calming your mind. The sweet and fragrant scents will take away anxiety.
Exercising after medical abortion is possible. But you need to keep a few precautions in mind before starting with physical activities. You can soon begin with your regular gym tasks once the abortion symptoms completely go away and your body heals. But check with your healthcare provider as to when you can undertake moderate to intense workouts. If required, initially you can always rehearse postpartum exercises with a trainer.